BEFORE YOU ADOPT
The rescue will make every reasonable effort to pair you with a dog that is appropriate for your home and reasonably meets your preferences. However, it is your responsibility to do appropriate research as you are ultimately responsible for the pet you choose to adopt. Please allow proper consideration for any constraints as mandated by housing, exercise needs, financial responsiblities, etc. If you are not willing or able to contribute $500-$1000 in training for your new pet, please do not adopt!
It is the expectation of the rescue that any dog experiencing behavioral issues, whether known or unknown at time of adoption, will have received the benefit of professional training prior to the time a request to return the dog to the rescue.
We do not allow our dogs to be rehomed by adopter following adoption for ANY reason. If an adopter is unable to meet the terms of the Adoption Agreement, the dog must be returned to the rescue. Failure to abide by this requirement may result in legal action and significant financial penalties.
We attempt to prevent the adoption of any of our animals without careful consideration of all parties. If you are looking to "grab and go" without questions or requirements, our process will most likely not align with your needs. We are seeking permanent homes for each of our animals and our success is dependent on our ability to properly vet our applicants and be honest when we have concerns. Until our adoptions are finalized, our clients are the animals we serve. Applicants are not guaranteed approval to adopt through our organization. We reserve the right to refuse any application.
- We generally serve the Metropolitan areas of Denver, Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins. Due to our reliance on established veterinary relationships, we do not adopt puppies outside of these general service areas, nor do we facilitate out of state adoptions.
- We abide by BSL (Breed Specific Legislation); if you live in a BSL area (rent or own), we will NOT approve the adoption of a dog that presents predominant bully characteristics. Regardless of breed recommendations as they appear on the initial paperwork of each of our animals (and also correspond to the listings on our website/Facebook page) BSL is individually assessed on each animal on a conservative basis via visual inspection (only). The rescue reserves the right to refuse any adoption to protect an animal or potential adopter when in an instance when BSL might be questionable.
- Power Breed dogs are generally NOT eligible for adoption to renters (regardless of restrictions); Akitas, American Bulldogs, American Staffordshire Terriers, Chow Chow's, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Huskies, Mastiffs, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Shar Pei's, Wolf Hybrids, etc.
- DNA test are not permitted for adoption purposes.
Step 1 - Please submit an online application by clicking the ‘Adoption Application’ button below. An application must be received before we discuss details of any available animal.
Step 2 - Please allow 72 hours for your application to be reviewed. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email from our office. In the event you have not heard from us in 72 hours, please feel free to reach out to us.
Step 3 - Once your application has been approved you will either receive an approval letter with invitation to attend our next adoption event (puppies only), or your application will be forwarded to the appropriate foster home to meet the adult dog(s) of your preference.
PLEASE NOTE: Adoption events are conducted on a first come first serve basis and you must be pre-approved to attend an adoption event.
ADOPTION FEES & INFORMATION
2 Blondes All Breed Rescue charges adoption fees to cover necessary expenses of our animals. Adoption fees can be paid by cash, check, charge or Paypal and is due upon at time of adoption with accompanying executed Adoption Agreement.
PUPPY ADOPTION FEE: $425.00
*If puppies are not sterilized before adoption, there is an additional $50 refundable deposit required by The CO Department of Agriculture. Deposits are typically refunded within 45-60 days following the receipt of spay/neuter documentation. Deposits paid by check should be made payable to: CO Pet Overpopulation Fund.
ADULT ADOPTION FEE: $239.00 (Purebred dogs may have a different adoption fee)
*** ALL ADOPTION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE ***
Please note that our adoption fee INCLUDES:
- Rabies Vaccination
- Distemper / Parvo Vaccines (includes series of 3 for puppies)
- Microchip with prepaid lifetime registration
All outstanding medical must be completed at one of our pre-approved veterinary offices.
*** NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY WILL BE MADE ***
NOTICE TO ADOPTERS SUBMITTING ADOPTION FEES ONLINE:
The adoption of your Pet is contingent upon the receipt and acceptance of a fully executed 2BABR Adoption Agreement in addition to the receipt of any required Adoption Fee. You will be notified electronically of the acceptance of the Adoption Agreement and receipt of any corresponding payment.