ADOPTION EVENT INFORMATION
Our weekly Adoption Events are generally held at the Littleton Petco (8100 West Crestline Avenue). Please check our 'Events' tab on our website or our Facebook page to confirm date & time of upcoming events.
Please keep in mind that our adoption events are facilitated by volunteers. Not every volunteer is privy to specific information on every dog that may be in attendance at an Adoption Event. Individual records or questions related to the specifics of any adoption must be directed to an Administrative Member. Volunteers are more than happy to answer general questions or provide guidance to Rescue Administrators as needed. Respectful interchange between volunteer staff and other prospective adopters is appreciated and expected. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and will result in the automatic disqualification of the adoption candidate.
When you arrive to one of our events, please make sure to sign-in at the front table!
- Adopters must have an APPROVED application in order to adopt from our organization. You are require to bring a copy of your approval letter if you are attending an adoption event to adopt a puppy.
- Typically, we do not facilitate on-the-spot adoptions. Due to time constraints and other considerations, it is unlikely that we will be able to approve your application if not submitted at least 24-48 hours ahead of any scheduled event.
- We abide by BSL (Breed Specific Legislation); if you live in a BSL area (rent or own), we will NOT approve the adoption of a dog that presents predominant bully characteristics. Regardless of breed recommendations as they appear on the initial paperwork of each of our animals (and also correspond to the listings on our website/Facebook page) BSL is individually assessed on each animal on a conservative basis via visual inspection (only). The rescue reserves the right to refuse any adoption to protect an animal or potential adopter when in an instance when BSL might be questionable.
- Power Breed dogs are generally NOT eligible for adoption to renters (regardless of restrictions); Akitas, American Bulldogs, American Staffordshire Terriers, Chow Chow's, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Huskies, Mastiffs, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Shar Pei's, Wolf Hybrids, etc.
- DNA test are not permitted for adoption purposes.